I never used to like squash, I would eat around it if it was in my dish. Now I have learned to love it and I am so glad I have! It is so delicious when roasted in a toaster oven. I started making it this way and now I eat it several times a week because it’s so yummy and I know its good for me!
Squash has so many health benefits. It contains a lot of minerals our bodies need like, magnesium, potassium, copper, phosphorus, calcium, and iron. It also includes vital vitamins like A, C, E, and B6.
I feel good knowing it has very few calories and huge benefits. Squash is good for your immune system, eye health, bones, colon, and heart, just to name a few!
Roasting Squash in a Toaster Oven is really easy. Here’s what you need –
Vegetable Spray (I use coconut oil spray)
Salt (Himalayan Sea Salt is my favorite)
Yellow and/or Zucchini Squash
- Slice the Zucchini and/or Yellow Squash
- Spray the baking pan with olive oil or coconut oil
- Place the sliced Squash onto the baking pan
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on the Squash to your liking
- Set Toaster Oven to “Bake” mode and set to 425° F
- Bake Squash for 18 minutes
The finished product can either be a side dish or a delicious and healthy snack!